Chocolate: The Body Defender and Protector
Believe it or not, chocolate is very good for your overall heath! After years of being put down, science has finally come around to give chocolate the respect it deserves. Chocolate has been known to contain over 300 chemicals, and has been the subject of a number of studies by universities and other scientific organizations. The following are a few of the findings in the scientific community to back up the positive health benefits of chocolate:
1. Cacao, the source of chocolate, contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay. Of course, this is counteracted by the high sugar content of milk chocolate.
2. The smell of chocolate may increase theta brain waves, resulting in relaxation.
3. Chocolate contains phenyl ethylamine, a mild mood elevator.
4. The cocoa butter in chocolate contains oleic acid, a mono-unsaturated fat which may raise good cholesterol.
5. Drinking a cup of hot chocolate before meals may actually diminish appetite.
6. Men who eat chocolate live a year longer than those who don't.
7. The flavanoids in chocolate may help keep blood vessels elastic.
8. Chocolate increases antioxidant levels in the blood.
9. Mexican healers use chocolate to treat bronchitis and insect bites.
Chocolate Fountain Articles
Chocolate Fountain Books